Jackson County’s Episcopal congregation moved into Newport in 1879, changing its name from Grace Church to St. Paul’s Episcopal Church and building a small wooden structure at the corner of Third and Hazel Streets. In 1904, St. Paul’s built a fine new church on the same lot in the style of an English country stone church.
Courtesy of James Logan Morgan, Jr. and the Butler Center
From Watson, Tim, and Elizabeth Jacoway. Newport and Jackson County. Arcadia Publishing, 2016