In 1890, the Safe Deposit Bank, a private entity, was reorganized as the Bank of Newport to provide more banking services. Pictured here are E.L. Watson, founder and president (wearing the hat) and T.D. Kidman (cashier at the right); all others are unidentified.
From the James Logan Morgan, Jr. Collection.
From Watson, Tim, and Elizabeth Jacoway. Newport and Jackson County. Arcadia Publishing, 2016