This building originated in 1896 as the Jackson County Savings Bank and later became the First National Bank. The Newport Club occupied the second floor, and an N is discernable in this photograph on the entrance to the left of the bank window. The bank stood at 113-115 Hazel Street.
From Watson, Tim, and Elizabeth Jacoway. Newport and Jackson County. Arcadia Publishing, 2016